Saturday, June 09, 2007

Brilon


I have always wanted to go to Brilon, my sister in law Maren has talked about it for years and it is the now the home of her parents and also where my brother got married over 10 years ago.

I had heard of it's beauty for years and was keen to see it for myself. It is stunning, idealic and relaxing.

Roddy and I picked up a posh hire car at Frankfurt airport and headed down the autobarn.

On arrival, night was falling and i was over joyed to see my euro family again and even more excited to see Mars and my god daughter Noonie and nephew Jules.

The next week was spent lounging, eating cake, taking country walks and playing with the kids.

It was the injection of home after almost a year away that i did not know how badly i needed. I felt at peace with the familiarity that only your family can give... I even joked that if i ate anything more i would need to get rolled on to the plane back to London.

The time we spent went far too quickly but i cherish the memories and look forward to more lazy summer days with family.

No comments: