Monday, March 30, 2009

Back in Dar and Dave's last day

Back in Dar and Dave’s Last Day.

The journey back to Dar was a sleepy one, Dave and I took turns to rest our heads. The entire journey took forever; we reached base camp in Dar after dark. With his departure so close it hung the air like a noose around our necks… we were both sad to be leaving each other and at the very thought of it I would burst into spontaneous tears which was impossible for Dave. He hated seeing me upset and managed to talk them away with a promise to find mw in Sydney and an embrace that lingered long after it ended. Earlier in the week we made a promise that we would only be upset for 1 hour…with one night to go we were running low on minutes….

As our last night came to a close, we entered our ridiculously hot tent for the last time and I could not help thinking that this was not how it was supposed to end. We spoke briefly and Dave confirmed what I have thought all along- we do have a future together…. We’ll just have to work hard at making it happen.

I am not sure what will happen next in my great African love story... with no promise to stay together, his situation back at home and my global nomad status… I only hope that despite the odds being against us we make it- ‘cause I would like to introduce you to my loveable liverpudlian when he finds me in Sydney.

No comments: